December 1st, 2020
Welcome to the 2020 Snowmobile season. It is well advertised and documented that the absolute best practice to contain the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home and limit visits to public places for the essentials. Our first priority is the health and safety of our Board of Directors, staff members, and guests.
As our Board of Directors and Executives prepare for the 2020 season, we have watched carefully the progress of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have monitored closely the recommendations and precautionary measures of the World Health Organization, Health Canada, the BC Centre for Disease Control and our Provincial Health Officer.
The Kelowna Snowmobile Club is committed to the ongoing safety of our members, riders and our Team Members. As a result, a number of precautionary measures have been put in place to ensure that everyone will stay safe while enjoying the Graystokes.
Risk Assessment and areas to consider
The Kelowna Snowmobile Club’s Board of Directors are working remotely on all aspects of the business. Trailhead collectors will be following the outlined protocols below to keep both themselves, and our members safe and healthy. The cabins are to be used at your own risk and in emergency settings only. Please note the cabins have a listed occupancy limit set out by WorkSafe BC.
COVID-19 KSC Protocols
COVID risks related to the work of the KSC are minimal but we have established the following policies:
- All employees must complete a self-assessment health screening before starting their shift to ensure they are in good health.
- Trailhead collectors will be wearing masks during payment collection and membership verification.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for trailhead collectors and guests at payment.
- Our groomer is sanitized after each use, including all high touch points/surfaces
- Guests will be required to wear a mask while the trailhead is collecting payment/verifying memberships.
- Counters, pens, and any other high touch surface will be sanitized after each guest use.
- Physical distancing is encouraged at all times (minimum of 2 metres).
- Online purchases of memberships and day passes are highly recommend to limit the contact between trailhead collectors and guests.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms we ask you to please to stay home and re-visit our area once you are in better health.
As the COVID-19 Pandemic is rapidly evolving the KSC will continue to follow recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer and monitor our workplace for risks associated with COVID-19 and update this policy as required.